1. The double cross - when the lights at an intersection are timed such that you can cross to a diagonal location without stopping.
2. Cutting through a quiet alley way in the summer (early evening with a bit of sunlight left), and the quiet before slipping back out into the noise of the main streets.
3. The secrets in plain sight, like the fig tree with ripe figs that you've walked past a thousand times on the way to the metro before seeing it, and stopping for a sweet bite.
4. Sinking into a seat in the dark, cool movie theater after walking many blocks in the high summer midday heat.
5. The owner of the corner store who knows you not in the way of knowing your name, but knowing your quirks and food habits.
6. Kind strangers.